Tea enthusiasts and nature lovers
will definitely enjoy this fragrant journey into Sri Lanka’s tea industry.
Visit the Tea Plantation and factory located in the western part of
Sri Lanka for a fascinating insider’s look in this important industry.
What we will see
- Drive past the rural areas of Sri Lanka
- Tea tasting of Different varieties of Tea
- See the tea Processing
What we will do
- Board your comfortable motor coach and relax during a two-hour scenic
drive through the Lush region; passing fruit trees, plantations and small
villages as you travel to the Akuressa Tea Plantation.
- Upon arrival, you will be greeted with special “welcome garlands”,
made of aromatic tea leaves that are cultivated on the premises.
- Your tour includes the history of tea and follows the unique journey
it takes from the field to your cup. Observe the tea crop being graded, tasted,
bagged and packed.
- Ceylon tea is considered to be one of the finest in the world, and
the crop has been produced in Sri Lanka since its introduction in 1867. Ceylon
black tea is noted for its crisp, citrus aroma. Green and white tea varieties
are more pungent and exotic. The flavor of the tea is a reflection of its soil
conditions and climate, and here the conditions are considered optimal. No artificial
ingredients are ever added at any stage of the manufacturing process.
- At the completion of your tour, you will enjoy samples of the teas
produced on the premises. Enjoy the distinctive flavors with some light
- A picturesque scenic drive returns you to the ship with plenty of
memories to share with your family and friends.
|When would you like to leave?