A unique opportunity to spend three days in the heart of India, discovering the wonders of this fascinating country and its amazing monuments, like the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, staying in some of the most comfortable hotels in New Delhi.
What we will see
- Flight from Colombo to New Delhi
- Sightseeing tour of New Delhi
- Check-in and dinner at the hotel
- Train transfer to Agra
- Visit of Fatehpur Sikri
- Tour of the Red Fort in Agra
- Lunch at the restaurant in the ITC Mughal hotel in Agra
- Tour of the Taj Mahal: symbol of eternal love, intricate carvings and delicate floral decorations
- Shopping optional
- Return to New Delhi, dinner and overnight stay
- Flight from New Delhi to Mangalore
- Sightseeing tour of Mangalore and transfer to the ship
What we will do
- After disembarking the ship at Colombo in Sri Lanka, we will head to the city airport to catch a flight to New Delhi.
- Lunch will be served on board the plane.
- When we arrive at New Delhi airport, we will be greeted by a guide who speaks our language and will take us on a sightseeing coach tour of the city before we travel to the hotel where we will have dinner and stay overnight.
- On the second day, we will have an early start and head to New Delhi station where we will catch a train to Agra.
- Once in Agra, we will visit the Fatehpur Sikri, the 'City of Victory', the former capital of the Mughal Empire.
- Then we will visit the famous Red Fort, a UNESCO World Heritage Site whose 2.5 km long red sandstone walls enclose the imperial city of the Mughal dynasty.
- After visiting the fort, a delicious lunch will be waiting for us at the ITC Mughal hotel restaurant in Agra.
- In the afternoon we will visit the famous Taj Mahal, declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1983. It has been considered the symbol of eternal love since 1632: it was commissioned by Mughal emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his beloved wife Mumtaz Mahal, who died after giving birth to their 14th child. This imposing white marble mausoleum holds the remains of the two spouses and is truly breath-taking thanks to its intricate carvings and delicate floral decorations made of polychrome gemstones. It has four minarets at the corners and is surrounded by gardens and pools of water, in keeping with Islamic tradition.
- After the tour, we will have some free time to do some shopping before we return to New Delhi and our hotel where dinner will be waiting for us.
- On the third day, after enjoying breakfast at the hotel, we will head to New Delhi airport to catch a flight to Mangalore. Lunch will be served on board the plane.
- When we reach Mangalore, we will be greeted by a local tour guide who will take us to the cruise terminal and the ship. During the journey to the port, we will enjoy a sightseeing tour of Mangalore.
|When would you like to leave?