More than 200 species of birds to observe, including rare species and migrant species from distant Siberia, in the magnificent countryside of the tropical island of Langkawi, for a unique and unforgettable bird watching experience.
What we will see
- Bird Watching on the Island of Langkawi
- Gunung Raya lookout point
- Lowlands lookout point
What we will do
The Island of Langkawi is home to around 200 bird species, many of which are migrants which come to spend the winter here in the warm climate, from November to April. This obviously makes it the ideal place for all bird watching enthusiasts.
* Langkawi boasts a huge variety of ecosystems and natural habitats making it a comfortable resting place for birds. This is why a wide variety of avifauna is always present on the island. An ecosystem like that of this authentic tropical paradise made up of lowlands, tropical forests and mangroves, reed beds, rice fields, orchards, steppes and marshy lakes offers an ideal environment for birds, both migratory and resident.
* In our 5 hours of bird watching, we may see up to 20-30 different bird species which populate the jungle, the rice fields or the river which crosses Langkawi.
* The first lookout point is Gunung Raya, the highest mountain on the island. With an altitude of 881 m, the mountain dominates the island, commanding an excellent view for sightings, mainly of mountain birds.
* We then proceed and descend towards the lowlands and the rice fields in search of birds that do not venture to great heights, preferring the more peaceful and sleepy atmosphere of the marshes, the reed beds and the plains in general. We can really have fun with our sightings, keeping ready to take photographs and capture images of these wonderful, brightly coloured specimens. At the end of our expedition we return to the ship.
|When would you like to leave?